This is the wiki for the freemyipod project. Freemyipod is a project for reverse-engineering iPods with clickwheel (no iOS devices) and creating tools and documentation so that other people can port alternative firmwares to them such as rockbox. Freemyipod is a relaunch of Linux4nano
Installing Rockbox on iPod Classic
emCORE is DEPRECATED, please use the Rockbox bootloader in order to install and run Rockbox on iPod Classic.
Getting started with emCORE (DEPRECATED)
- Check if your device is supported by the installer. Only iPod Nano 2G and iPod Classic 1G/2G/3G are supported at the moment.
- Follow the installation instructions if your device is supported.
- In case you encounter any bugs, please contact us in order to report them.
- 2022-01-04 - The bootrom of iPod Nano 5G was successfully dumped, and is in the process of being reverse-engineered!
- 2021-12-31 - An exploit named wInd3x, which exploits the latest vulnerability, is being prepared for Nano 4G and Nano 5G.
- 2021-12-27 - A new vulnerability was discovered in iPod Nano 4G and Nano 5G bootrom, which allows arbitrary code execution!
- 2018-08-25 - The website software has been updated to MediaWiki 1.31 after about 2 months of downtime.
Reverse engineering results