This is the wiki for the freemyipod project. Freemyipod is a project for reverse-engineering iPods with clickwheel (no iOS devices) and creating tools and documentation so that other people can port alternative firmwares to them such as rockbox. Freemyipod is a relaunch of Linux4nano
Getting started with emCORE
- Check if your device is supported by the installer: Status
- Follow the installation instructions: emCORE Installation
- Report any bugs you encountered to us: Contact
- 2011-04-25 - The emCORE kernel now runs on the iPod Touch 2G as well, thanks to the help of kleemajo. This is of course not a fully functional port yet, but we'll see how it continues. It's about the same state as the iPod Nano 4G now. /7
- 2011-03-25 - emCORE is replacing emBIOS completely now. Therefore emBIOS will be deprecated software as of now! All emBIOS users are advised to upgrade to emCORE including people using iLoader 0.2.2 or less. More detailed update instructions will follow!
- 2011-01-08 - The Rockbox port for the iPod Classic is slowly getting usable. Most of the blocking issues have been fixed. The first-generation 160GB model still doesn't work, and some people are experiencing slightly garbled display contents.
- 2011-01-04 - There is an early Rockbox port for the iPod Classic! It still isn't quite usable, playback stutters etc., but if you want to play around with it, here are some quick'n'dirty notes on the installation procedure: IPod Classic iLoader Installation
Reverse engineering results