emCORE r859 was released on January 2nd, 2012.
Release notes / Known issues
- iPod Classic (thin models): Upgrading from emCORE builds before r836 will reformat the hard drive. Rockbox versions before r31455 are incompatible with the new format.
- iPod Classic (thick 160GB): If you're using a Rockbox version before r30908, you will need to update Rockbox by booting the fallback image (Tools => Rockbox fallback image) to make the LCD work again.
- The display doesn't work on some iPod Nano 2G devices. If this happens to you, we suggest to stick with iLoader for now.
- Reducing the CPU core voltage on the iPod Classic has been disabled. Battery life might be adversely affected.
- There are still some Rockbox USB stability issues. In most cases, replugging/rebooting the iPod helps. This might be fixed in future Rockbox releases.
Fixes / Improvements
- Includes Rockbox release 3.10 (iPod Nano 2G) / build r31516 (iPod Classic).
- Lots of internal improvements and bug fixes.
- iPod Classic: USB stability improvements. This release should work on devices which previously needed the "usbfixcandidate" build.
- "fastboot" has been integrated into the boot menu.
- The boot menu is now configurable (default boot option, timeouts, fastboot, backlight brightness, ...).
- Support for boot menu themes on the data partition has been added (winter theme included).
- iPod Classic: HDD data endianness has been fixed.
- emCORE applications can now have command line arguments.
- emCORE kernel memory size has been reduced.
- emCORE LCD driver performance has been improved
- iPod Classic: Use all 262144 colors of the LCD, not just 65536.
- iPod Nano 2G: Fix LCD not being cleared properly on shutdown in certain situations.
- Fix wrong maximum packet sizes in USB descriptors.