So are there instructions to getting this on my 2G nano. I would really like to test this.
Voltage reduction on classic
Reducing the CPU core voltage on the iPod Classic has been disabled. Battery life might be adversely affected.
Is it good or bad? (:
- In general, this is bad (and should eventually be handled differently) as the CPU now consumes more power than actually necesarry, but for now, it solves problems where it didn't work properly due to a too low voltage. --Benedikt93 13:03, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
When next release is planned to be out?
- When some of the remaining bugs are fixed. User890104 20:23, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- I mean not specific dates but at list some more general info. Like - it'll planned to be out in week or two (: Hoping sound quality bug will be fixed as well... At least a bit. Tnx. Vasyl.
Guys! Any update on this (: Please...
Sound Quality Improvements
Are there any sound quality improvements planned to be done? Maybe some hardware twiks. New ipod chip really sux! I've got some talk with the7 due to this issue, but topic seems to be deleted http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/Talk:IPod_Classic_iLoader_Installation#iPod_Classic_Sound_Quality
Some interesting material due to this http://homepage.mac.com/marc.heijligers/audio/ipod/comparison/measurements/measurements.html http://www.redwineaudio.com/products/imod
- Sound Update
- Hi Vasyl
- Good reading info - thanks! I had similar problems (bit of an audiophile meself) but I've used the BioEq libraries: http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/bioeq-rockbox and they work great both with my sennheiser headphones as well as my philips dock. The sound has a natural fullness now, which is improved once you adjust the freq response to the natural response of the speakers.
- I'm now running an undervolted ipod classic with emcore r755 (note: the latest rgb666 changes don't work for all ipod6gs apparently - had to comment mine out as rb screens weren't initalising properly) getting 10+ hours off a single charge with great sound.
- Hope this helps!
- Thank u so much Jkbuha!! I'm giving it a try right away!
- Okay. Thats installed. I'll try to give it a push with some tweaks, 'cause default settings with native BioEQ didn't impress me much, actually. Jkbuha, i didn't get about EmCORE r755 release, since last build I see on release page is r708: April 24th, 2011. Did I miss smtn? Tnx
- Hi Vasyl - try the thrum or throb settings with any decent headgear and you'll see the difference. You may have to modify the freq response a bit to match the dynamic response of your own headphones, but it's way better than the default settings. With regards to r755, you need to build, modify and compile the code yourself off the svn, and you'd most likely need to have some flavour of linux installed as your primary (or virtual) os. If you're not familiar with basic code development it would probably be best to wait until /7 or someone else releases a more updated EmCORE version, ideally with some better lcd and ide handling (my drive groans awfully when seeking long tracks, unlike apple's firmware). But r755 (and r708) are way better than the original apple software!
- Cheers jkbuha
Last Rockbox Build
Hey! Can last Rockbox build be installed or RB release is tied to the EmCORE release?
- I'm not a Rockbox developer, but I personally haven't had any issues using the latest builds: http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ipodclassic/ Obviously you do so at your own risk as with everything else. It would be nice to have a developer confirm this is okay with the latest EmCORE release. Thanks.
- Tnx! Will be waiting for developers update