This is the wiki for the freemyipod project. Freemyipod is a project for reverse-engineering iPods with clickwheel (no iOS devices) and creating tools and documentation so that other people can port alternative firmwares to them such as rockbox. Freemyipod is a relaunch of Linux4nano
Getting started with emCORE
- Check if your device is supported by the installer. Only iPod Nano 2G and iPod Classic 1G/2G/3G are supported at the moment.
- Follow the installation instructions if your device is supported.
- In case you encounter any bugs, please contact us in order to report them.
- 2014-03-26 - A bug that prevented emCORE installations on certain Windows configurations (getting stuck on "Booting UBI file..."), has been finally fixed! If the installation has failed for you before, you can retry it using the updated version of our tool (use the iTunes method for now).
- 2012-01-02 - There have been some problems with the latest release. A hotfix release (r859) has been published to fix some of these problems. iPod nano 2g users are advised to upgrade. See the release details page for more information.
- 2012-01-01 - A new release
(r855)is out! It includes a couple of new features, several bugfixes and a new bootmenu theme! More information on the release details page.
- 2011-04-25 - The emCORE kernel now runs on the iPod Touch 2G as well, thanks to the help of kleemajo. This is of course not a fully functional port yet, but we'll see how it continues. It's about the same state as the iPod Nano 4G now. /7
Reverse engineering results