This is the wiki for the freemyipod project. Freemyipod is a project for reverse-engineering iPods with clickwheel (no iOS devices) and creating tools and documentation so that other people can port alternative firmwares to them such as rockbox. Freemyipod is a relaunch of Linux4nano
emCORE installation instructions: emCORE Installation
- 2011-04-25 - The emCORE kernel now runs on the iPod Touch 2G as well, thanks to the help of kleemajo. This is of course not a fully functional port yet, but we'll see how it continues. It's about the same state as the iPod Nano 4G now. /7
- 2011-03-25 - emCORE is replacing emBIOS completely now. Therefore emBIOS will be deprecated software as of now! All emBIOS users are advised to upgrade to emCORE including people using iLoader 0.2.2 or less. More detailed update instructions will follow!
- 2011-01-08 - The Rockbox port for the iPod Classic is slowly getting usable. Most of the blocking issues have been fixed. The first-generation 160GB model still doesn't work, and some people are experiencing slightly garbled display contents.
- 2011-01-04 - There is an early Rockbox port for the iPod Classic! It still isn't quite usable, playback stutters etc., but if you want to play around with it, here are some quick'n'dirty notes on the installation procedure: IPod Classic iLoader Installation
- 2010-11-22 - We now have emBIOS support for the iPod classic 1g, the others might follow soon
- 2010-08-29 - We're proud to announce the release of emBIOS v0.1.0 and iLoader v0.2.0!
- 2010-08-26 - iLoader, its installer and uninstaller all have been fully ported to emBIOS now. A beta release will be coming soon!
- 2010-08-13 - emBIOS is continually being improved and the next step is porting tools like iLoader to use it.
- 2010-08-06 - The wiki has now been moved to www.freemyipod.org
- 2010-08-05 - Recently we've been working on a hardware abstraction project called emBIOS. Follow development here
- 2010-08-03 - We can now access the Nano 4G accelerometer.
- 2010-08-02 - serpilliere managed to decrypt the NOR flash on the Nano 3G.
- 2010-08-01 - serpilliere managed to access and dump the NOR flash on the Nano 3G. This code could possibly work on the Classics.
- 2010-07-27 - The server got zapped by lightning but a new one was up and running within a day.
- 2010-02-23 - We can now execute code on everything besides the Nano 5G! Minimalistic iBugger working on Nano 3G!
- 2009-11-01 - iBugger core v0.1 successfully running on Nano 4G! 
Reverse engineering results